Paraprosdokian, two phrases, the second changing the meaning of the first, usually in a funny or humorous way. The Paradoke Corner top ten in the Snarky category:
10) "When life gives you lemons, stuff 'em down your bra and make bigger boobs."
Boob Bonus: A zebra is twenty-five sizes bigger than an A bra.
9) Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.
8) I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?"
7) There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't escape.
6) A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you look forward to the trip.
5) Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4) “He was a self-made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.” - Joseph Heller
3) If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
2) I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
And the Paradoke Corner Winner in the “Snarky” Category:
1) “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing – after they’ve tried everything else.” – Winston Churchill
Next up in the Paradoke Corner:
The “‘Now Cliché’ Top Ten” category contains old saws. Groucho wins. (Go!)
Or, check out Sandtrap, Jawja’s latest. (Go!)
Compiled from various sources. Paradoke Corner ranking by Phil Comer. Photo by Megan O’Neill. Unless stated otherwise, photos and links are for information and not the property of the author.