Paraprosdokian, two phrases, the second changing the meaning of the first, usually in a funny or humorous way. The Paradoke Corner top ten in the Irreverent category:
10) Lent was tough. I gave up Catholicism.
9) “If only God would give me a clear sign, like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” - Woody Allen
8) If there is a God, why are there things such as famine and daytime TV?
7) “There but for the grace of God, goes God.” – Winston Churchill
6) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
5) I asked God for a bike, but knowing He doesn't work that way, I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
4) “They cancelled Easter this year. They found the body.” -- George Carlin
3) “If you are going through hell, keep going.” -- Winston Churchill
2) “If we talk to God we’re said to be praying, but when God talks to us we’re said to be schizophrenic.” -- Lily Tomlin
And the Paradoke Corner Winner in the “Irreverent” Category:
1) “I think we should all treat each other as Christians. I will not, however, be responsible for the consequences.” -- George Carlin
Next up in the Paradoke Corner:
The “Snakry Top Ten” category has a surprise winner. (Go!)
Or, check out Sandtrap, Jawja’s latest. (Go!)
Compiled from various sources. Paradoke Corner ranking by Phil Comer. Photo by Megan O’Neill. Unless stated otherwise, photos and links are for information and not the property of the author.